Harnett County Animal Control Pet of the Week
The Pet of the Week is an adoptable companion animal at Harnett County Animal Control selected by their staff and promoted by HAWC. As an added bonus, the cost of the spay or neuter surgery as well as vaccines are fully sponsored*. Sponsorship packages will include spay/neuter and rabies vaccine and could also include adoption fees, first round of vaccines and microchip depending on the level of sponsorship.
The Pet of the Week program accomplishes several goals:
- Promotes the shelter within the community via
- Posting the Pet of the Week in local newspapers
- Posting Pet of the Week signage in local establishments
- Signage Program (see below)
- Posting Pet of the Week on local websites through a custom widget
- Encourages community involvement and ownership through
- Signage program. The Pet of the Week signs aren’t just signs, they will be pieces of art created by the youth in our community. Plans are underway for artwork (signage) displays and contests at community events and gatherings. Each artist is encouraged to locate a local establishment that will permanently display their artwork. HAWC will arrange to have the sign updated weekly with a new flyer as a new Pet of the Week is selected.
- Sponsorship program. Local businesses and residents provide sponsorships and will receive advertising/recognition. If you are interested in providing sponsorship, please complete the application.
*Must be a Harnett County resident. Rescues are not eligible
We would like to thank our previous sponsors for their support! Many thanks to:
Roberts Uniform Service
In Honor of My Sister, Pat
Jordan’s Jewelry Store, Dunn NC
Elaine Miller in honor of our military, past and present.